Prep time 15 -20 min. Cooking time 45-50min
A delicious golden nutritious soup to brighten up a cold dreary winter day
1 cup peeled and cubed pumpkin
1 medium sized sweet potato
1 red pepper
1 medium sized green house tomato or 2 plum tomatoes
6-8 tops of green onions finely choppd
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2-3tbsp.of extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tbsp.finely chopped mint
3-4tbsp of plain yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
salt and black pepper to taste
2-3 Cups of Water
1. Spread the pumpkin on a baking tray and roast at 375-400degrees and also bake whole red pepper and the sweet potato for 3o-35 minutes. The whole sweet potato might take longer to cook. Insert a knife and make sure it is cooked through.
2. Toss the pumpkin few times so it is roasted on all sides, turn the red pepper also the skin is charred on all sides.
3. Grill the tomatoes for 10- 15 minutes at the same time.
4. Take out the red pepper once done and put in a brown paper and close and leave for minutes to allow the trapped steam to loosen the skin (you can also wrap in a paper towel )
5. Peel the tomato and peel the sweet potato and chop into big pieces.
6. Put them all in pot, add water and puree with a hand blender or puree in a food processor.
7. Heat this velvety sunshine golden soup and let it heat through on medium heat (need not come to a boil as all the vegetables are roasted)
8. Now add the chopped green onions and cook for few minutes. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
9. Turn off the stove and add the finely chopped mint.
10.Voila!! the beautiful delicious soup is ready to be served.Serve the soup in white coloured bowls, drizzle some olive oil and put a dollop of thick plain or Greek yoghurt (addition of yoghurt elevates the taste!!!)