A delicious healthy flavourful nutritious soup chockfull of antioxidants, easy to make, one pot meal perfect for a cold snowy winter day.
Prep. Time – 15 min. Cooking time – 45- 50 min. Serves 4-6
1.1 cup of sprouted mung beans or any other boiled beans
2.1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
3.1 zucchini washed and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
4.1turnip peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
5.1 carrot finely chopped
6. 5-6 leaves of dandelion leaves with tender stems washed and finely chopped
7. 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
8.2 tbsp.tarragon washed and finely chopped
9.1 cup of good pasta sauce
10. 3 cups of water
11. 2 tbsp. of ghee or extra virgin olive oil
12.salt and black pepper to taste
1.Heat a pot on medium heat , add 1 tbsp.oil and sauté the dandelion leaves for few minutes till wilted and dark green in colour .Put aside.
2.In the same pot ( after removing dandelion ) heat 1 cup of water and add all the vegetables (no tarragon please) and cook approximately till they are soft but not mushy.
3. Now add the beans, water,pasta sauce,dandelion, salt and black pepper.
4.Let the soup come to a boil then add tarragon and the remaining olive oil .
5. Serve hot with crusty bread and let the sweet aroma of tarragon combined with other vegetables overwhelm your senses.