This recipe is a contribution of my friend Louise. A delicious very aromatic granola. Eat as a snack or serve with homemade yoghurt for breakfast.
6 cups rolled grains (oats, kamut, spelt, rye flakes)
2 tsp cinanmon
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup x-virgin coconut oil or ghee
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup agave nectar or maple syrup or honey
1) Mix together dry ingredients.
2) Warm liquids gently and add to dry ingredients mixing well.
3) Spread mixture on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (you may have to do this in two batches depending on the size of your cookie sheet)
4) Bake in a 250 degree oven for one hour stirring every 20 minutes.
5) Let cool and then store in a glass container.