A colorful delicious salad with unusual combination of fennel, mango and marinated onions.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1red pepper finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped and marinated in lemon juice for couple of hours
- 1 semi ripe ( sweet and sour tasting ) firm mango peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 deseeded finely chopped jalepeno ( optional )
- 1 cucumber finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fennel ( bulb and stalks )
- 3 tbsp. Kale parsley pesto ( or any other pesto , follow the healthy pesto recipe on this blog )
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp. Herbed or plain goat cheese crumbled
- Salt to taste.
- Mix all the above ingredients . Garnish with some goat cheese and little marinated onions.
P.S. Cook Quinoa according to package directions or follow the herbilicious quinoa recipe for the cooking introductions.