A quick beautiful delicious and healthy dish that me and my husband put together literally in 10 minutes for my son because he wanted a PROPER home cooked meal. He smiled when he saw so many greens in there but thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the final product. A high protein colourful vegetarian main dish with chockfull of vitamins and minerals.
- 400gms. Indian cottage cheese ( Paneer ) or firm tofu cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 red pepper cut into inch long pieces
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped mixed leafy greens ( baby – swiss chard, spinach, kale or combination of spinach and fenugreek leaves )
- 5-6 tbsp. of strained tomato puree ( not from the can )
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp. nigella seeds
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric ( optional )
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder (optional )
- 1 tbsp.clarified butter or good quality oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet,add nigella seeds,saute for 30 seconds.there will be a sweet aromatic fragrance at this point.
- At this point add the greens and garlic, onion and the red pepper ,saute for a few minutes, add turmeric ,chilli powder and tomato puree.and the paneer(cottage cheese).
- Let it simmer for few minutes and it is now ready to serve .
- Serve with plain rice ,Nan bread or chapatti.
P.S. The baby greens came all mixed and washed so it was easy to use them in this dish, you could also use some organic salad greens.