Finally I have my creative juices flowing, and of course it helps to have a farmers market 2 minutes walk from home. It is so convenient to have fresh produce so easily accessible, between that and fresh produce from the organic patch in my backyard even though I am pressed for time, I end up cooking and creating new dishes.
So go check out the markets in your area you too will be inspired to cook with all fresh garlic and garlicscapes, collards, chard and the beet greens and so many more wonderful, delicious vegetables.
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 20-25 washed mint leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic dry or 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 Thai hot green chillies or jalapeno ( or regular non spicy green chillies )
- 1 tbsp.Tahini paste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- salt to taste
- Grill the eggplant in the oven at 350 degrees Fahreneit. till the skin is charred.
- Remove the charred skin from the eggplant once it cools down .
- Blend all the above ingredients in a blender or a food processor.
- Enjoy!!! Serve with whole wheat pita wedges or brown rice crackers.
P.S .I have deliberately omitted the extra virgin oil used traditionally as using mint makes it very flavourful and delicious.