A flavourful healthy protein rich dish using delicious nutritious beet leafy greens( normally thrown away) and dandelion greens great for detoxification of liver .
- 1 cup finely chopped beet greens with stems
- 1/2 finely chopped dandelion leaves with stems
- 1 cup sorrel finely chopped ( no stems) optional
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 lb. organic firm tofu cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small red onions sliced
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1/2 tsp. nigella seeds
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder or curry powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper ground or chilli powder (optional)
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan and saute’ garlic, nigella seeds and onion for a minute.
- Now add beet greens and dandelion leaves and let cook and sizzle for 4-6 minutes
- Move the greens to one side and add tomatoes so that tomatoes line the bottom of the pan.
- Add sorrel leaves salt ,black pepper, cayenne and turmeric powder.
- After 5- 7 minutes add tofu and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes till heated through and tofu soaks up all the flavours .
- Enjoy this fragrant delicious curry with rice or bread or chapati.