A super delicious super healthy summer fresh soup rich in antioxidants, iron and protein.
- 1 cup boiled black beans
- 1/2 cup radish greens with stems finely chopped
- 1/2 cup beet greens with stems finely chopped
- 1 big leaf of ruby chard finely chopped
- 3/4 cup sorrel leaves finely chopped ( optional)
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped ( white bulb and the leafy tails )
- 2 medium sized green house tomatoes pureed ( use more if you do not find sorrel leaves)
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 jalepeno finely chopped or 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. ghee and 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- salt to taste
- 2 cups of water
- Heat the ghee and saute’ all the greens (except sorrel) ,garlic ,jalepeno and onions .
- After 4-5 minutes or maybe little longer making sure all the crunchy stems are cooked, add the tomato puree, beans and sorrel leaves.
- Let it come to a boil , now add 11/2 cup of water, salt and let the soup come to a boil and simmer for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Drizzle soup with olive oil and serve with crusty bread.
P.S. You could make the soup thicker or more watery according to your preference. My son did not want a thick soup that is why this soup is more liquidy.